Christ Church New Member Application

If you have not been baptized, we will include adult baptism as part of the membership process

COVENANT
As a follower of Jesus Christ at Christ Church, I covenant to grow into the character and call of Christ through an intentional discipleship journey by gathering weekly with others to worship God and going to serve one another and the world by connecting to life-changing community, primarily where I live, work, and/or volunteer.

WORSHIP

1. I humbly confess the guilt of my sin and place my trust in Jesus Christ alone for His forgiveness and salvation, pledging to follow Him as the Lord of all and of my life.

2. I affirm the doctrine of Christ Church of Oak Brook as stated in the Membership booklet or online at https://christchurch.us/beliefs and commit to trying to live into the church’s Discipleship Vision as described at https://christchurch.us/discipleship.
3. I commit myself to worship weekly with the church family or as regularly as it is in my power to do.

GROW

4. I commit myself to grow in Christlikeness by taking intentional STEPs of faith. I will seek to…
     * Develop my SIGHT (vision) for the pathway of discipleship

* Incorporate into my life spiritual TRAINING disciplines (e.g. prayer and study of God’s Word)

* Take advantage of classes, courses, and conferences that offer EQUIPMENT in the key principles and practices that empower me to live for Christ in daily life

* Connect regularly with spiritual growth PARTNERS (e.g. a small group or midsize community) to encourage one another on the journey of discipleship.

SERVE

6. I commit myself to the goal of contributing at least a tenth of my income (a “tithe”) to the Lord’s work, with a significant allocation supporting the ministry and mission of Christ Church.

7. I commit myself to discovering my gifts and passions in ministry and using them in one or more of the servant ministries of Christ Church.

1 This covenant is a contemporary statement of Articles III and V of the Constitution of Christ Church of Oak Brook.

2 The church offers through the internet livestreaming of Sunday services for those unable to be here in person.

Please review the covenant. You will have the opportunity to go over the covenant, ask questions and sign it in class.

Loading ...